Fees & Permits

In accordance with Big Stone County ordinances, permits are required outside the corporate limits of municipalities for:

  • All new construction
  • All structures moved and all structures replaced
  • All individual on-site sewage treatment systems
  • Excavations in excess of fifty cubic yards or ten cubic yards in shore land areas

Use our permit finder to complete your permit. You can use our zoning map to see which zone you are in.

Fee Schedule

You can obtain any permit from the Environmental Office or click the permit below: