Permit Instructions: 

  • Upon completion of a permit application please fax, mail, or email for approval.
  • Prior to any work or movement you must have an approved permit from Big Stone County.
  • Any required fees must be paid before the permit is issued.
  • To pay you may pay in person at the Big Stone County Highway Department office, mail, or use Point and Pay to pay here.
NOTICE: All work within the road right of way requires the appropriate permit.  Working in the right-of-way without the proper permit will require an after-the-fact permit with a $100 fee.
Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category

Permits10 documents

Moving Permits-Fee Required3 documents

  • Special Farm 6 or 7 Axle-Moving Permit.pdf
    document seq 0.00
  • Special Overweight Construction Materials-Moving Permit.pdf
    document seq 0.00
  • Oversize/Overweight Moving Permit.pdf
    document seq 0.00

Work In Right of Way Permits-No fee Required4 documents

  • Driveway/Access Permit
    document seq 0.00
  • Utility in Right of Way Permit
    document seq 0.00
  • Work in ROW Permit.pdf
    document seq 0.00
  • Roadway Ditch Cleanout Permit.pdf
    document seq 0.00

Watershed Permits2 documents

  • Upper Mn Watershed District Permit
    document seq 0.00
  • Bois De Sioux Watershed District Permit
    document seq 0.00

Special Event Road Closure Permit1 document

  • Special Event Road Closure Permit
    document seq 0.00